Parents are an important part of our school community.
You can get involved in school in the following ways:
- Help in your child’s classroom
- Read school newsletters & other notices
- Help out with class field trips
- Serve snacks every other week for the BC Fruit & Vegetable Nutritional Program
- Help the PAC with school fundraisers
- Attend PAC meetings and share your ideas
- Take on an executive role with the PAC
- Attend school concerts & other activities
- Offer to help with special events at school
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn how parents can help your child to learn new skills (such as IEP meetings or school conferences)
- Become a “One-To-One Reading” volunteer
- Help with preparations on PAC Lunch days
Parent Power = Student Success!
Our school’s Office is open from 7:45 am– 2:15 pm daily. We also have school “voice mail” for your messages(604 858-6266) so you can call at any time and leave a message.
All parents/guardians are invited to attend monthly PAC meetings (Parent Advisory Council).
Getting involved can increase your child(ren)’s school success!
This book is an extremely important “LINE OF COMMUNICATION” between school and home. Each afternoon students write any homework, assignments, requests from teachers and important information about the next day. Please read and sign the book each evening.
Become a Volunteer!
Some parents want to help out at school. Parent volunteers are often needed! You may be asked to help with fundraising, school or class activities, field trips or other special events (see the list at the left). If you plan to help students in class or on field trips, a Criminal Record Review forms must be completed. The process is free—forms are available & processed through our school office. Field trip drivers must also complete a Vehicle Declaration form.